These banana and blueberry muffins are gluten free, sugar free and flour free. They contain almond meal which is high in antioxidants and vitamin E so it’s great for reducing your risk of chronic disease. They also contain bananas which provide potassium and fibre so they’re great for gut health and reducing hypertension or high blood pressure. Walnuts are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals like copper, folic acid, phosphorus, and also omega 3 fatty acids and your blueberries are high in phytoflavonoids so they’re anti-inflammatory and reduce your risk of heart disease and cancer. Last but not least they taste delicious so I recommend you give them a try!
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup almond meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup blueberries/raspberries
1/2 cup walnuts
250g cream cheese room temperature
100g unsalted butter
1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener
5 drops of liquid stevia (to taste)
a couple of squeezes of fresh lemon (to taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 180⁰C and line a muffin tray with cupcake papers or use a silicon tray.
2. Mash your banana.
3. Combine the coconut, almond meal, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
4. Beat the eggs and then add to the mixture. Add the coconut oil and mashed banana.
5. Fold through blueberries and walnuts.
3. Divide between the muffin tray and bake for 30 minutes.